As a school we invite you to use these shared resources that will enable your child to continue to learn and explore during this unfortunate event
Structuring the day: Maintaining a structure to provide balance to each day will support you and your child. In the Useful Links section are some examples of how you might wish to include physical activity, hands on learning and some quiet online learning time.
Online Free Resources: An overwhelming amount of free online resources are available to you, which provide opportunities for children to engage with a mix of Reading, Writing, Maths, Science, Arts, History, Geography and much much more!
We encourage you to make regular checks on COVID-19 updates that will be under News -> Covid-19 Update -> Principal Update
- Vooks is a great resource to use in the home with your children. Vooks is a streaming library of ad-free, kid-safe animated read-aloud storybooks, trusted by teachers and enjoyed by millions of children around the world every week. It is an entire library of storybooks, brought to life, to help encourage the love of reading. You can sign up for Vooks and use the take-home resources to help keep your children reading 20 minutes a day during these extraordinary times. Sign Up Link: www.vooks.com/parent-resources Take-Home Lesson Plans Week 1 Week 2 Please find in DOWNLOADS section.
- Illustrated recipes designed to help kids age 2-12 cook. Recipes encourage culinary skills, literacy, maths and science
- Cosmic Yoga and mindfulness for kids
- Kid-friendly workouts — choose from Strength for Kids, Agility for Kids, Flexibility and Balance for Kids, Warm-Up for Kids, Cooldown for Kids, Stand Up and Move for Kids, OR create your own custom kid workout
- Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts
- Young Explorers is a magazine designed speciﬁcally for young children
- All sorts of learning here
- Geography with National Geographic
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover
- Visit museums. Google Arts and Culture partnered with over 2,500 museums and galleries around the world to oﬀer virtual tours of their spaces. Some of the options include New York’s Museum of Modern Art and Amsterdam’s Van Gogh Museum
- ABC- Educational resources
- NRICH maths online
- SPELD SA provides free online resources to the public for helping people with learning difficulties
- Boost writing conﬁdence with Storybird
- Work on the 8 parts of speech
- Short videos and texts that answer various burning questions for children. There are vocabulary challenges and comprehension question
- Mo Willems, the author of ‘Don’t let the Pigeon Stay up Late’ is uploading daily drawing lesson
- Children’s books read by famous- people
- Is an online learning platform which requires you to create a free account and then provides a wealth of resources for many subject areas, broken down into year levels?
- User Name: march20 Password: home
- Free access code: AUSTRCODE (This free code gives you access for 1 month)
- You can access this via your App Store or Play Store, this will enable you to search for a variety of educational apps.